This knowledgebase article describes the steps to create add a new user to your website and give them the appropriate privileges to post.
- Once you have logged in to your website administration page, hover over on the Users menu item click on the Add New button.
Figure 1 – Add New User Option
- On the Add New User page, scroll down to the bottom where it says “Add New User”.
- Enter a Username (lowercase) and the email address of the user.
- Select a role of “Author” to allow them to create posts.
- Users who are allowed to also edit other users’ posts or add pages should be given the role of “Editor”.
- Do NOT select the option to “Skip Confirmation Email” as the user will need to set their password.
- Click the Add New User button.
- An email will then be sent to the user to provide them access with the appropriate privileges.
Figure 2 – Add New User Detail